I know this isn't the NT RAID list, but here goes:

Always, always, always have an emergency recovery boot disk for NT.
Further, assuming this is NT4, ever notice at boot time the "Press
spacebar now to invoke Hardware Profile/Last Known Good menu." prompt?
To quote one of the many M$ Press books on my shelf, "[using 'last known
good'] ...the boot loader uses the Registry information that it saved at
the completion of the last successful startup to configure this
startup."

As for Mirror Sets, the creation follows the same steps as for Stripe
Sets.  To quote the help file in NT Disk Administrator, "To create a
stripe set: 1. Select two or more areas of free space (on from 2 to 32
hard disks) by selecting the first area of free space on the first disk,
and then pressing CTRL and clicking an additional area on each of the
other hard disks. 2. On the Partition menu, click Create Stripe Set.
Disk Administrator displays the minimum and maximum sizes for the stripe
set. 3. Type the size of the stripe set that you want to create, and
then click OK."

Hope this helps
--
   Jeremy Stanley                Trend CMHS
I.S.Network Engineer      http://www.trendcmhs.org

 The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily
represent those of Trend CMHS or Trend Foundation.

   "I program my homecomputer; beam myself into
          the future." --Kraftwerk, 1981

> Sent:         Thursday, July 08, 1999 10:37 AM
> To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:      backup/redundancy solutions

[clip]

> software raid1 (on linux at least, dunno how we could do this in NT)

[snip]

> half, I rebooted it one day and it never came back up. It wasn't a

[clip]