Gordon Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> So does no-one apart from me use Amanda?

Amanda's main problem is that it depends on tar or dump, and neither
is all that great. Especially dump on Linux has major problems (no
multivolume backups, no proper end-of-tape detection (which means
trouble on at least Sony and Seagate drives), no software compression
(which is absolutely necessary if you want to compress AND need to
know how much data fits on one tape) and so on)..

I've recommended Arkeia before, and I'll recommend it again. Good
feature set, reliable, supports many platforms, and is surprisingly
inexpensive as commercial backup software goes. Check
www.arkeia.com. I have no other relation to them except as a satisfied
customer.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi