Mike and others...

I am the one who started this thread so here is the information:

Brand new IBM DJNA-371350 alias Deskstar 22GXP (13.5g model).  7200 RPM 2MB
cache and supposedly UDMA 66.

There is a page
(http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/desk/2522data.htm) that does
have specs and it does say max transfer rates: 17.9-10.7 MB/sec, so maybe
the drive is maxed out.

I will send another tidbit of info from a haparm output that I can not send
now that seems to show the drive is NOT reapeat NOT in UDMA mode 4
however...also believe that somewhere in the source code for the UDMA patch
(2.2.10 6.20 genam) it says that only mode 2 is supported at this time.  Be
nice to find out what is really going on.  But I still do not why that if
this drive is "stuck" in UDMA mode 2 it is 4MB/sec faster that the basic WD
4.3Gig running in UDMA mode 2.  How fast is mode 2 supposed to be.....?  OR
a mode 4 if any drive ever gets there.

Skip Harrison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Online Computer Supply