No, I havn't had lockups at all that I remember, regardless of how hard
I beat on the machine.  The system is a Dell PowerEdge2300 using
AIC-7880 controlers for the drives, and using the AIC-7860(?) for the
dat drive and cd-rom.

I run the same patches on a Dell OptiPlex GX1 using an AIC-7880
controler, and on another system at home running a Tyan Tomcat IV Dual
P233mmx ( I am pushing the specs on this one).  So far all machines have
been stable.  The PowerEdge's uptime would have been longer, but I just
upgraded it to the 2.2.12 patch from the 2.2.7 w/ Raid0145 + devfs.

Notably though I had to piece-o-meal the patches together as the devfs
patches and raid patches don't get along well.