Hello, thanks for the answer!

> On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Kent Nilsen wrote:
>
> > The hardware is a dual PIII500, 256Mb RAM, 3x50Gb Barracudas on a Mylex
> > AccelRaid250. OS: Mandrake 6.1 kernel 2.2.13.
>
> With all those tiny files and a huge amount of disk space, be aware that
> the latest version of mke2fs seems to "decide on a block size" based on
> partition size rather than default to 1kb blocks.  I noticed this when Red
> Hat 6.1 gave me a 2.5gb /var partition with 4kb blocks.

Is that only during setup, or even if I say mke2fs -b 4096 -m 5 -i 8192 -R
stride=128 manually?

What should I set the -b size to anyways with all these small files? I believe I
can save a lot of space by reducing it to 1024 or less, but how will that impact
performance? Should I adjust my stride= or i= size to match such a change?
Should I change it anyways? :)

So many decisions... (and damn it's fun when it works)!

Kent R. Nilsen