I have a Supermicro MB with a built-in Adaptec AIC-7895 (Dual UWSCSI 2)
which seems to have some stability problems...sometimes. The machine is also
SMP which I believe contributes. What happens is that when using some of my
SCSI devices the machine will sometimes lock up completely with no messages
anywhere. Sometimes I do get some syslog messages prior to the lock up
regarding SCSI resets and stuff but they do not always happen. Sometimes I
can go for quite a long time without any problems. Making things even more
interesting is that these problems do not exist in 2.2.9 but do seem to in
2.2.x above that. I'm now running on 2.2.14 but I've switched my primary
drive to an IDE one so I haven't put my SCSI through its paces recently so I
don't know if the problem still exists although I think it does since I did
have 1 lockup when I was using my SCSI drives as swap.

Anyway, has anyone seen anything like this or have any suggestions on
debugging? I know this isn't really RAID related but it seems you RAID
people are more likely to be using SCSI and possibly SMP machines so I'm
asking here. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Rainer