> <power questions> How many drives are you running from that PS?  How
> many cards?  What kind of a processor?  </power questions>

(2) 10GB 7200RPM IDE Maxtor disk
(2) 366MHz Celerons Overclocked to 594MHz, 2.0V core
(3) Case fans
(1) 486 fan mounted on the BX chipset heatsink
(2) Glacier 4500C (think thats the model) - 2 small fans each
(1) IDE CDROM
(1) Floppy
(1) 3C905B Ethernet
(1) S3 Virge/GX PCI video card
(1) SB16 sound card (not configured in kernel - will yank next time I
    power down)
(1) Abit BP6 motherboard

> I recently had a similar quirky problem with a totally different MB, but
> almost the same symptoms.  The cause turned out to be a bad card (or at
> least removing the card fixed things).  The card in my case was a pretty
> good ISA modem, which worked fine when I could get the system to
> reboot.  A power cycle was sometimes required to reset the modem.
> Something that I've noted with a couple of ATX cases and boards is that
> when pushing the power button does not turn off the computer, holding it
> in for a couple seconds (2-5), will turn off the power.  It's best to

Tried that <grin>

> let go of the button as soon as the power cuts out, because holding it
> in longer can cause the machine to power up upon release of the button.
> Most of this was found from a SuperMicro 760A, although some of it works
> on a cheap, generic ATX case from the office.
>       Greg

Thats my case...

--
Kevin Carpenter:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]