-----Original Message-----
From: Cefiar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>At 06:03 PM 19/04/00 -0700, Lee Wilson wrote:
>
>>At any rate, assuming support in RH6.2, I am a little confused about where to
>>find the raid device.  Looking in /proc/partitions, I see a /dev/hdc with 1
>>head, 2147483647 sectors, and 1 cylinder.  Seems suspiciously like a RAID
>>device, but I don't know for sure. Looking at with fdisk, there are no
>>partitions on it (which would make sense as I have not put any there yet
>>if this IS the raid drive).
>
>I have a similar setup at work, and my system uses /dev/rd/c0d0 ONCE it is
>installed (ie: the system has been installed).
>
>I'd hazard a guess that /dev/hdc is actually your CDROM.

    Doh.  Yes, you're correct.  I figured that out as soon as I tried to run
fdisk on it =)  Boy, I feel stupid now.    Anyway....  =)

>I used the standard graphical installer and it allowed me to make
>partitions on the drive, however once I got past c0d0p7 it stopped allowing
>me to add partitions. (Disk Druid is just annoying sometimes).
>
>So I switched to a text console, and tried 'fdisk /dev/rd/c0d0' but it
>didn't work. I knew the device had to be there somewhere, so I went
>looking. I eventually found the device in /tmp/rd/ as c0d0. This appears to
>be a RedHat-ism.

    How odd.  Good to know though.

    I DID finally get the system to work, but since I was in a hurry and the OS
was freshly installed anyway, I just re-installed the OS from scratch using the
RH6.2 CD.  On install, the system saw the raid (on /dev/rd/c0d0 -- go figure)
and allowed me to format and use it.   Now everything seems to be working great.

    Next time though, I will know about this issue and to possibly do a modprobe
as well.

    Thanks everyone for the help!