[Slip]
>        I'm wondering if anyone has run into a distribution of linux that
>    has software raid-util's pre-packaged into it, or available in a third
>    party package. I'v been trying to setup software raid with three 2.1G
>    SCSI drives for quite a while now and am simply looking for an easier
>    sollution. Any pointers/suggestions?

FWIW, the Red Hat 6.2 installer is the only one I know of that's
software-raid aware enough to create them at install time and
even boot from them (raid1 only at the moment).  Red Hat 6.2 is
also the only distro (AFAIK at least) that has a lilo patched
to understand software raid devices (although you can certainly
apply the patch yourself or install RH 6.2's lilo package).

James