Edward Schernau wrote:

> What kinds of disks are you using?  I'm seeing occasional
> corruption on my Seagate 20MB ATA66 barracuda, and have
> not ruled out the possibility of unstable ATA66 mode.

Hi Edward!

I am using these U160-SCSI-disks together with an Adaptec
39160-controller - not IDE:

BARRACUDA 18XL 18.2GB U160 - 3.5LP 5.9MS 2MB 7200RPM LVD 68PIN

After switching from U160-mode to UW-mode (40 MB/s), errors seemed to
decrease by half. I did not quite manage to switch to normal Fast-SCSI
(10 MB/s) as the driver showed at least 40 MB/s during boot.

Does anybody at all have an Adaptec 39160 successfully running?

Greetings
Chris