Try the following

http://www.3ware.com/products/linux3ware.shtml

I have a Promise Utlra66 Card that is working great with a couple of WD
Ultra DMA 66 drives

On top of that, it's inside a BP6 system in the slot that share an Irq with
a HPT??? ide controller.   Everything works great without any lockups.  I am
not using the HPT contoller at this time.

I'm using Raid 0.9 with the IDE patches.