On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 09:48:03AM -0400, Bryan Batchelder wrote:
> Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM ATA66 drives.  What is the best ATA66 card to buy?
> Promise?  I have a friend who set up a promise card and he said it kept
> crashing on him (once a day)
My HPT366 crash the machine hard, relieably and in strange ways
as soon as DMA is enabled and I heard bad things about these.

>       Are there any hardware raid ATA66 cards that have drivers for Linux?
> The FastTrak66 doesn't yet (that I know of).
It does the raid in software and is useless under Linux

>       How about cheap SCSI RAID?  I have a VA Research box with a Mylex
> controller....anything cheaper?
see http://www.3ware.com/index.shtml Don't know if it is cheaper.

Why not using linux software raid?

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source

PGP signature