From: m. allan noah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 4:37 PM
To: Bryan Batchelder; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ATA66 Raid

i will point this out AGAIN. the promise fastTrak is NOT hardware raid. did
you really think 30 seconds with a soldering iron and a 7 cent resistor could
make a hardware raid device from a 20 dollar ide card?

there is no cpu on board the card, and all the 'raid' functionality is
provided in software, by the system cpu. think of it as 'WinRaid'.

you would be MUCH better off using software raid under linux where you can get
more modes (like raid5), or forking over some real currency to pick up a
hardware controller.

allan noah