Hey Siarhei,

On 01-01-14 23:54, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
<snip>

I ran some performance tests of my own, so here's the numbers.

I'm using Hansg's Fedora 19 image from a class 4 MMC on the cubietruck. I did modify script.bin to change usbc to port_type 1 and detect_type 0 to drop the loadavg to 0 from 1.

Also I changed the display output to mode 4, 1280x1024 on VGA.

I have connected, ethernet, VGA, USB keyboard, USB mouse and uart cable. I did run tests with and without the uart cable, but didn't really notice a huge change.

Running cpuburn-a7 which burns both cores, from the xfce desktop in a terminal I get the following:

userfreq: 0.47 amps @ 5.15 V (60 MHz)
userfreq: 0.49 amps @ 5.15 V (408 MHz)
userfreq: 0.65 amps @ 5.15 V (600 MHz)
ondemand: 0.90 amps @ 5.15 V (912 MHz)
performance: 0.90 amps @ 5.15 V (912 MHz)

having just the idle desktop open with 1 terminal yields the following:

ondemand: 0.37 amps @ 5.15 V (60 MHz)
userfreq: 0.37 amps @ 5.15 V (132 MHz)
userfreq: 0.37 amps @ 5.15 V (204 MHz)
userfreq: 0.38 amps @ 5.15 V (408 MHz)
userfreq: 0.39 amps @ 5.15 V (600 MHz)
userfreq: 0.40 amps @ 5.15 V (816 MHz)
performance: 0.39 - 0.45 amps @ 5.15 V (912 MHz) (Yes it was fluctuating that much)

Now, the same tests idle without USB keyboard/mouse connected, as they naturally increase power draw considerably.

ondemand: 0.34 amps @ 5.15 V (60 MHz)
userfreq: 0.34 amps @ 5.15 V (132 MHz)
userfreq: 0.35 amps @ 5.15 V (204 MHz)
userfreq: 0.35 amps @ 5.15 V (408 MHz)
userfreq: 0.35 amps @ 5.15 V (600 MHz)
userfreq: 0.36 amps @ 5.15 V (816 MHz)
performance: 0.36 - 0.41 amps @ 5.15 V (912 MHz)

Btw, i did mention ondemand, userfreq and performance settings here, but i noticed (as expected) no differences here)

Power did fluctuate to 5.13 occasionally, but the avg probably was just a little above 5.14 i estimate. USB keyboard/mouse was the same change as with IDLE loads.

I think its pretty fair to conclude, that power draw when IDLE is almost the same on min freq and max freq. During load it does matter but why would you run your CPU lower during load? So for the default governor, performance without a doubt and if you insist on ondemand, 408 for the minimum is quite alright.

Interesting result to say the least.

Oliver