On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 00:07:02 +0100
Carlo Caione <carlo.cai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Olliver Schinagl <oli...@schinagl.nl> wrote:
> > On 01/05/14 23:00, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> >>
> >> # cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20_regs
> >> only power adapter           : REG[0x0]=0xc1,REG[0x1]=0x10
> >> power adapter + miniusb      : REG[0x0]=0xf9,REG[0x1]=0x10
> >> only miniusb                 : REG[0x0]=0x3d,REG[0x1]=0x70
> >> miniusb + lipo battery       : REG[0x0]=0x3d,REG[0x1]=0x70
> >> power adapter + lipo battery : REG[0x0]=0xc5,REG[0x1]=0x70
> >> only lipo battery            : REG[0x0]=0x1,REG[0x1]=0x30
> >>
> >> Note: "only miniusb" and "miniusb + lipo battery" really have the
> >>        same AXP20 register values, that's not a typo.
> >

> > If you look in the AXP 202 (english, the 209 cn version MIGHT be different
> > (i haven't looked) though Carlo/n01 may say what happens here. (ugly copy
> > paste from pdf)
>
> Unfortunately I haven't touched the power subsystem yet.
> I'll be more useful in a couple of days :)

It's good to know that somebody is taking care of the power
management in linux-sunxi. Thanks.

About the AXP20 register values. Yes, I have found and checked
the AXP202 manual. And the linux-sunxi wiki also explains these
bits.

It is just interesting how cubieboard2 and cubietruck set the
bits there. And some of them seem to be a bit odd. For example, AXP
in cubietruck seems to think that it has a battery and is charging
it when only miniusb cable is connected. Cubieboard2 can't see any
differences between the power sources at all and always has the
same bits in these registers. So I got the data and dumped it to
the mailing list, with the hope that other people may get some
ideas about why this is happening and how to interpret it :)

It would be also interesting to know how A10-OLinuXino-Lime behaves.
Is it similar to cubietruck or cubieboard2 or maybe in some other
way? The OLIMEX people have avoided this question so far. I guess
they want us to just RTFM the schematics and stop asking silly
questions ;)

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka