On 10/11/14 15:31, jacky lau wrote:
A big client will buy thousands of chips once. Are there any relation between big client and user manual publishing? No. So they don't think it's necessary to open their private property. When you are a big client, you are VIP, all document and source code is open to you. And if publish all technical documentation, competitors will know some technical secret (e.g. bug;) they don't want them to know. Open world is beautiful, but they will not actively participateif there is no return. Why some China soc company publish some documents and source code now? I think this is mainly for marketing. But no matter how, VIP priority.
so the reason why chip manuals are not published is because there are bugs in the silicon. gee! who would have thought it.
at least if we knew what they were we could maybe work around them.

i'm sorry but i don't buy this argument. fear of law suits because of patent violations is a more plausible reason.