On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 10:50:42 PM UTC+11, Al Thomas wrote:

> The maximum UART speed is stated to be 4Mbps in the datasheet. Have you
> got as far as using the highest rate and if so when do you switch over to
> using it?

I tried increasing the bps to 1152000 but it didn't work.  I'll investigate
further.

My understanding is AMPAK package Broadcom's ICs vertically in one package
> as a System in Package (SiP), but don't get involved in IC design or
> production. So I don't think it would be a "clone" as such. I was thinking
> of creating a separate section on our Bluetooth wiki page for Broadcom with
> links to the tools, firmware, etc. and then referring to that section from
> the AP6210 section. So the AP6210 section only has specific implementation
> details while the general BCM20710 stuff is in a different section.

Due to a reply in another forum I've uploaded my files to
https://github.com/phelum/CT_Bluetooth and might get some feedback.  If you
are going to update the linux-sunxi page could you please include a
reference to my repository.  I would like some feedback from others first
and suspect that you will do a much better job of updating the page.

Page 29 of the BCM20710 datasheet gives the HCI transport detection
> procedure. Step 3 there states the chip waits for CTS_N to be set to zero
> before selecting UART, otherwise it just waits. I guess that is the section
> you were referring to. So it could be CTS needs to be de-asserted after a
> reset otherwise the chip just waits.

I noted this also.  But CTS is active low (same as RTS and DTR and DCD) and
all float high and must be pulled low.  Writing 1 to the relevant bit in
the UART asserts the signal and the UART pulls the line low.  So CTS must
be asserted for the transport detection to work.  If it worked as per the
datasheet I should be able to assert CTS after the reset pulse.  But this
doesn't work and this is why I wondered if the device was less than a
perfect clone.  I remember the old trick of echoing a character to the
device and hopefully this would leave RTS (connected to device CTS)
asserted.  It didn't work reliably for me so I wrote my original script and
modified the Broadcom program.  Another issue at the transport detect stage
is the device checks for S_CLK first.  My CT schematic shows this pin is
unconnected.  I'm assuming it has an internal pull-up resistor to stop it
floating and causing problems.

Thanks,
Steven