Okay, I see Linus has now accepted this into his tree.  It should propagate
to the USB development trees soon.

One question: What else is needed?  We set the device offline,
error/complete all pending commands, and the need to (somehow) make certain
we're in a good state for calling scsi_remove_host().  How do we make that
final guarantee?

There was talk that scsi_set_device_offline() would take care of that for
us by waking up the error handler... there seems to be code to do that....

There was talk of using the release() function from the SCSI template to
actually release resources....

So, what's the plan?

Matt