> Situation is sshd at home, ssh client (putty) on corporate network.
>
> corp network is heavily protected and all outgoing is through proxy
> server. No doubt incoming is also protected.

Well, the bottom line is the only way to get out is probably http. As
they surely have an http proxy, the only way out is http, *speaking
http*. In this situation I have used httptunnel successfuly in the past.
It tunnels a tcp connection over http, so you use it to forward a local
port to a remote port. On the remote, you connect that chosen port to
port 22 on that machine. You can then ssh to local port, speaking to
your remote sshd.

There are a number of restrictions on httptunnel - e.g. the maximum
number of open tcp connections is 1. I found the version I used
somewhat unstable, and the beta current at the time lock up the box
immediately. There are packages in
http://volker.dnsalias.net/soft/rpm/suse8.0/

How does this bouncer thing someone mentioned work?

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.