Nick Rout wrote:
> you really want to see if this is within the uni's t&c. Just cos they
> allow you to login doesn't permit you to run anything you like on
> their system.

I have already thought about this, and I have read through a document on the
university's website titled "Computer Use: Policy and Procedures", which
states nothing about what software is allowed, aside from the usual forbidding
of anything for malicious or illegal purposes (and some things pertaining to
network traffic).  With that, I think that as what I wish to install is to
allow me to work more comfortably, and will not interfere with anyone else or
the university's system in any way, I see no reason not to run my own window
manager.

If you have a reason for me not do so, I would very much like to hear it.  I
may have overlooked something important.

Kind Regards,
Aidan Gauland