Greetings,

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Thursday 21 February 2002 14:01 pm, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Thanks David. What's the advantage of Vipul's razor over Spam Assasin?
>
> If I understand it correctly....  Vipul's razor is a database of known
> spammer addresses.....    so all razor does is check email against those
> addresses.
>
> Spamassassin looks at the email for content and other 'spammish' things
> including bad words,  and *also*  passes the sender address against  razor,
> spamcop, and about 3 other blocking databases....
>
> I vote for Spamassassin.

   Can Spamassassin also be used to filter out virii (you know, those
things that break WinBlows machines but don't hurt *us*).  Got a school
that uses Linux for their email gateway but they want to filter out the
virii so their MS boxes don't get wasted.

   I suggested they just install Linux and waste the MS crap and be done
with it...

      --- Jay

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)
| Jay Nugent   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    (734)971-1076    (734)971-4529/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |