On Monday 04 March 2002 07:07 pm, Joel Hammer wrote:
> I did the free download thing. I have used it for simple webpages. It works
> on Caldera 2.4. It doesn't seem to run too slow. I believe the wine comes
> with it and installs nicely. I haven't tried to run other windows apps with
> this version of wine. Wouldn't know how.
> I use win4lin when I want to run windows programs.
> Joel
>
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:40:38PM -0500, dep wrote:
> > well, one of the first things i should have learned yearts ago was not
> > to make the headline so all-inclusive that it obviated the story, but
> > i've done it with the subject above.
> >
> > anyone used the ibm wepbphere hp builder? impressions? i'm given to
> > understand that it needs some trick version of wine -- anybody know
> > anything about that? and is it likely to be better than the wine in
> > current pitiful circulation -- which is to ask, does it make the
> > running of other windows apps more reliable?
> > --
> > dep
I may be incorrect in stating that it is not a full release of the wine
package. Since hpbuilder-wine is only about 1.6 megs where the wine package
is much larger, I'd say that only the required libs of wine are included.
I've been wrong before so what the hey:)

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.