On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:10, dep wrote:
> anyone used the ibm wepbphere hp builder? impressions? i'm given to

yep.

it relies on wine, which version , dunno, don't care. As a site
managment tool it is very similar in structure and layout to Quanta+
(and probably better) but unfortunately, sadly, because of wine it
cannot read the dimensions of windows on the current screen and so you
end up with almost unusable dialog boxes, squeezed buttons, missing info
etc. (I'm not up on the why's of this but everything point's to the tk
widget set) My version additionally had a problem with font rendering
but i suspect that's me, not it.

The generated html is a tad noisy, it generates similar styles to
Frontpage98.

As a wysywig editor however, it was a good one. It was fairly consistent
and the use of tables (stretching them, adding extra colums, rows, was
intuitive). Unlike Netscape composer it never crashed for inexplicable
reasons (it crashed consistently if you did certain things, but never
for reasons unknown, unrepeatable). Afaik, it, and Netscape are the
*only* html wysiwigs available for Linux (as of 4 months ago).

I would dearly love to keep using it, largely because of its site
navigation ability (if you have 600+ pages you need something) but I
couldn't handle Wine's quirks so gave it away as something to revisit
next year.