On Monday 04 March 2002 06:40 pm,dep wrote:
> well, one of the first things i should have learned yearts ago was
> not to make the headline so all-inclusive that it obviated the story,
> but i've done it with the subject above.
>
> anyone used the ibm wepbphere hp builder? impressions?

I am using it, in conjunction with learning html from the O'Reilly
books.  The first thing I learned about it is that it uses style sheets
a lot, and that some older browsers do not render style sheets
correctly.  So while it has not been perfect in this way, it has
allowed me to quickly make a page, then go back in and change some of
the html to make the style sheets right.  But I think this will not be
an issue now that I just installed netscape 6.  It seems to write
correct code for konqueror and IE.

One thing about it that I do not like is that it sometimes will not
allow me to undo or delete a "thing" I have made on a page, so I have
to go into the source and take it out.
I've been using the free version and just ordered the $69 version but
it has not arrived yet.  BTW, I was not impressed with trying to buy
software from IBM.  Can you say "clueless??"

> i'm given to
> understand that it needs some trick version of wine -- anybody know
> anything about that?

It uses some sort of wine thing that sometimes barfs if I'm running
several browsers at once (so I can test the page as I build it).  It
hangs big time and I have to kill the wine process and start it again.
This is, in my opinion, the software's biggest weak spot.
My $ .02

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]