--- Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 March 2002 11:28 am,Joel Hammer wrote:
> > Is anyone using the new iMAC on a network with linux servers
> > (dhcp,samba, gateway)?
> >
> > My wife's win98 box is dying, along with the monitor. This might be
> > nice time to buy an apple. She will not use linux since it won't run
> > AOL.
>
> I don't want to start a war here, but isn't that a good reason to dump
>
> AOL?  I did exactly because of this.

I also dont' quite understand this.  What is so compelling about AOL
email that makes it worthwhile to spend almost $350/year?

I spend $0/year for my email, and if my wife gave me some non-negotiable
argument, i'd still hold my ground.  Your home isn't a business, you're
not going to lose productivity hours (and dollars) getting them to learn
an alternative.  If email is that important, then she could learn to use
a free alternative fast enough.   Perhaps she needs a 12 step plan?  ;)

=====