I think the problem comes down to who she corresponds to and not the
actual mail agent. Through my years of training people to use computers
the vast majority has been loathe to migrate to another mail
environment, and 90% of them say its because they don't want to lose all
of the people they communicate with.

Of course, we know that simple diligence in notifying correspondents of
the new address and maintainng both addresses for a bit easily, if not
conveniently, gets over that impasse. I think, Joel, that if you were to
present a clearly laid out plan of action that helps her migrate she
will listen. Even suggest that she look at a few applications and try
using the one that she likes the best for a bit with a test account.

I know that sounds silly, to just pick the one that looks nice, but if
she finds the interface appealing, she will be more likely to try it.

>From the 6th Chakra of Tyler Regas :)

above URL.