Douglas J Hunley wrote:
   > On Monday 08 April 2002 14:44, Tim Wunder wrote:
   >
   >>BTW, If I'm compiling qt3 in the directory where it will ultimately be
   >>installed, is there a reason to even perfom a 'make install'?
   >

   > I unpacked the qt tarball, moved the resulting directory to
   > /usr/lib/qt-free-x11-3.0.3 (or whatever it was). then I went into
/usr/lib
   > and made a symlink (qt3) pointing to that dir. I set
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3, then
   > did a 'cd qt3' the ./configure, and the make. I don't think I did a
make
   > install at all.

Yep. I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only I wanted to use
checkinstall to update the RPM database, so I can remove qt3 by doing an
rpm -e. And checkinstall runs a 'make install' my defailt. Hmmm, I can
tell checkinstall to do something else, right? I can just execute
'checkinstall make'. Wouldn't that work? But, now that I think about it.
What's so terribly dificult about rm'ing the directory if I want to
"unistall" it? I might just forego the checkinstall step altogether...

Thanks,
Tim