On Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:47:24 -0400
Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> I think the consesus is that a 'make install' is not required. That
> being said, you need to make sure /etc/ld.sod.so.conf.conf contains
> '/usr/lib/qt3/lib' (or whatever directories contain the qt3 libs), then
> run ldconfig to update the libraries once qt3 is installed.
> Alternatively, you can create the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (read this, http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html) and set it to include
> the path to the qt3 libs.

I think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is by far the best way to do this. This applies
when you compile KDE as well! That way the binaries will find their parts no matter
what /etc/ld.so.conf contains. When compiling KDE, add the KDE library
directory as well as the QT directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |