On April 9, 2002 09:04 pm, Joel Hammer wrote:
> I hate to ask this question on this list but I need help.
> I have to copy a 2.2 meg file (powerpoint presentation done in win4lin)
> from my linux box to a dos floppy to carry to work and load on the computer
> there for a presentation. Is there a way to split the file across two dos
> disks? I tried to zip it but it is already zipped, according to zip.
> Thanks,
> Joel

Zip files can span multiple disks (so can a bunch of others but this is
probably best supported under windows in ZIP form).  Just zip up that zip
file a second time.

Personally I prefer to transfer things via sftp, but I guess that's not an
option.  I've just had too many bad experiences from trusting floppy disks.

David Aikema