Joel Hammer wrote:

> I hate to ask this question on this list but I need help.
> I have to copy a 2.2 meg file (powerpoint presentation done in win4lin) from
> my linux box to a dos floppy to carry to work and load on the computer there
> for a presentation. Is there a way to split the file across two dos disks?
> I tried to zip it but it is already zipped, according to zip.
> Thanks,
> Joel

Yes, I believe you can use split to break it into floppy sized files,
then use the copy command to merge the two back into one on the other
machine. Sun uses this to merge multiple .iso's for their Solaris 9 for
sparc platform downloads. I assume copy will be indifferent to the file
extension.
Andrew Mathews
 10:25pm  up 2 days,  5:18,  4 users,  load average: 1.07, 1.04, 1.01
Bend over and take it like a man!