nah.. I was not ignoring that.  why would the technical issues of making
the diagram possible be related to business contracts (which is never my
interest)?

Most of us would attach the adsl-modem to a PC/router, then connect
workstations to the PC/router. We don't connect the adsl-modem directly
to the hub. The person who suggested me this setup may be making fun of
me (a newbie who couldn't have access to all the manuals. My ISP didn'
give me the manual for the NEC adsl-modem, too).

internet

adsl/cable modem

   hub -- workstations
    |____ server