I'm not too surprised that those attempts fail to work, because they
shouldnt' work, they're incorrect syntax.  You might want to look at the
man page for mount, but these are both wrong:
/mount /media/floppy
mount /dev/fd0

The mount command requires at least 3 parameters, the filesystem type,
device, and mount point.  So, assuming that your floppy is formatted for
ext2, the correct command would be:
mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

Adjust for your own environment.