OK, I used the suggested command:
mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
and got the system answer:
mount point /mnt/floppy does not exist
Then I tried:
mant -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /media/floppy
and got this answer:
block device /dev/fd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0, or too many
mounted file systems
Not much help to a Newbie!
Aso tried file permissions as well as all system info I could find on yaST2,
to no avail. I wonder if I have to go for a reinstall to fix this, since
suse8 doesn't even seem to recognize that I have a floppy drive.

IM

--
Iraj Medifar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>