On Mon, 13 May 2002 07:16:55 -0700 (PDT)
begin  Keith Morse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002, David A. Bandel wrote:
>
> > Well, I have my distro, "Chiriqui Linux", based somewhat loosely on
> > LFS(Linux From Scratch).  I keep it small so I can boot and run off a
> > CD(even run without a hard disk), but it has X 4.2.0 and a whole bunch
> > of other things I use a lot.  I use it for my wireless access points,
> > and more.  Doesn't have KDE, but I don't use that anyway.  My laptop
> > has been running this for a while now.  I split the disk into two big
> > chunks, update one chunk, run from that, and in a couple of months I
> > update the other chunk and run from that.  I take care of all the
> > little details too(like the pcmcia includes from the pcmcia-cs package
> > being copied to the kernel, etc.).
>

> Just curious.  You say above "I use it for my wireless access points".
> Does that mean, a linux based access point or you connect to access
> points?

I mean I have a wireless network others connect to (a small ISP if you
will) in Boquete and Valle Escondido here in Chiriqui in the Rep. of
Panama.

I have a relay site in a backyard, my diskless system in their house (I
provide them Internet access free in exchange).  The business customers I
have also have a diskless system of mine running off CD-ROM.  I hand them
a cable to plug into their hub and give them a set of IPs.

Nice thing, they can't change it, and power outages can't hose it.

Clearer???

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto