I can't give you an example of pcmcia scripts because I don't use it. And, I
don't use SUSE.

I would just put into rc.local, or whatever SUSE calles it, the
commands to configure your card. rc.local runs after everything else
during bootup.  Another place to put these commands is in .bashrc in
your home directory. (I assume you use bash.)  If you can't figure out
the commands, send me the SUSE startup scripts (for pcmcia) and the
configuration files and I will take a look at it.

BTW, I have given up on the complicated network configuration scripts which
come with the distros; just write those scripts yourself to apply to your own
hardware. It is much simpler that way.

Joel