Net Llama! wrote:

> I don't know that what he wants exists.  He basically wants a fully
> featured video camera, that has a IEEE1394 interface?
>
> I know that Axis Communications makes a cat5 camera with a built in
> webserver, but that's about as close as it gets.
>
> If he's truly looking to do fancy video recording, he should purchase
> a quality camera, and a video capture/TV card.

What he had before was a JVC  MiniDV machine with an IEEE1394 interface.
 When he was still using Windows, he could use the software provided
with the camera to copy from the camera to the computer, and then he
could e-mail clips out.   Is there a USB or PC-Card video capture card
that works in Linux?  I don't think he'll have much luck connecting a
PCI card like that to his old 486 with Win 3.11, so this has to be on
the laptop.

Quality camera would also be non-digital?  Because I think he does want
a digital camera.

Thanks,

Bob Raymond