On Tue, 28 May 2002 11:23:48 +0000
Bob Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All that matters is that the camera is of decent enough quality to
> videotape piano concerts, so I don't care whether it is tape or no tape.

Except that this determines which software you can use with it.

So he will record the event with just the camera, and then move
it to PC via a firewire interface at a later time?

I would think that most any digital video that supported firewire would
work, as the interface protocol over firewire is standard. Or, let's say
that there is a standard. If the camera supports the DV (not DC) standard
over firewire, then I would expect it to work with, say, dvgrab. Have
you checked out the dvgrab app for more possible pointers to supported
video units?

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |