Jerry,

> Would anyone recommend a KVM brand, modle or "other"?

Belkin makes several that are available and not too pricey.  However, you
will need to make sure it is compatible.  I'm running one 2 CPU model at
home, and an OmniView SE 4-Port here at work.

> I've got a situation that's perfect for one, only need to support 2
> computers, but I would like to have
> the ability to support 4 for future expansion. At the moment,
> one box is
> running windows and the other
> is running Turbo linux.

This may be where you run into troubles.  Despite the supposed compatibility
with Windows NT (special keyboard handling that messes KVMs up), the one
here at work needs to be cycled through the list of computers to clear
something out before the keyboard special characters work right.  NOTE: This
is not a problem on the Linux system I'm running here, only the two Win2K
systems.  It was a problem on the WinNT system I was running, too.  It isn't
a problem on either Linux system I'm running at home, either.  This should
not be a problem on Win95/Win98, either.

Other than the Windows problem, I've been very happy with the Belkin models.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer