At school, they were using Belkin KVM's, so I decided to buy one too.
Bad idea.  I checked with the support staff and apparently the cheaper
Belkins were giving them the same trouble I had: the mouse did not
work reliably.

Being still within warranty, I sent it back and got a Switchview
model (I forget the manufacturer) and have been very happy ever since.
It was about US$15 more expensive when equipped with cables for 2
systems, but worth the lost hassles.

The item was from warehouse.com, item # DSD2273.  4 ports, can
reset the mouse (I never needed that), you can switch with the
keyboard (double-tap CNTL), and a some other things I don't care
about but you might.  I liked the cables for this box better than
the Belkin too, for reasons that I'd need a diagram to explain.
And I'm too lazy for that.  Comes with cables for 2 systems.

++ kevin

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 05:06:29PM -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

> Would anyone recommend a KVM brand, modle or "other"?
>
> I've got a situation that's perfect for one, only need to support 2
> computers, but I would like to have
> the ability to support 4 for future expansion. At the moment, one box is
> running windows and the other
> is running Turbo linux.
>
> Thank you, in advance.
>

> --

Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]
At school: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kogorman/index.html
Web: http://kosmanor.com/~kevin/index.html

"Life is short; eat dessert first!"