On Monday 03 June 2002 17:06, Jerry McBride wrote:
> Would anyone recommend a KVM brand, modle or "other"?
>
> I've got a situation that's perfect for one, only need to support 2
> computers, but I would like to have
> the ability to support 4 for future expansion. At the moment, one box is
> running windows and the other
> is running Turbo linux.

I've had good luck with a 'cheap and cheerful' Cybex Switchview MP 4 port KVM
switch. IT autosenses PCs and Unix boxes (i.e. SUN). :Price is around
300(USD). There's a cheaper model for around $90, for PCs only. Cable kits
are extra.

These are digital models and work very well.  There are analog switches
(essential a rotary switch) out there on the market that are cheaper.
However, they  are a pain in the butt and don't really work all that well.
--
burns