On 3 Jun 2002, at 19:47, R. Quenett boldly uttered:

> from Kevin O'Gorman:
>
> " Being still within warranty, I sent it back and got a Switchview
> " model (I forget the manufacturer) and have been very happy ever since.
>
> Cybex, now Avocent it looks like.  http://www.cybex.com works, tho.
> Good, not perfect, unit.

Experience with the Belkin units overall has been mediocre at best.
They're common, they're cheap, and if you can't find something else,
they might be workable.

Sticking with the brands who have a history of building solid
commercial units I think is a better policy. (ie Cybex as mentioned
above, who merged with Apex [my personal fave] to form Avocent)

Other vendors of well-regarded commercial units include Masterswitch,
Compaq (Apex OEM), HP (also Apex OEM AFAIK), Rose, and Raritan.  I'm
wary of the generic taiwanese stuff from Linksys/Aten/Edimax etc.

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium