I looked at gentoo and at this point don't want to go through that - maybe
later I'll look at it since I plan to have some partitions for installing
test distros.  I need a good distro I can install, put to work and then
maintain and keep updated.  With Gentoo I'll have to play and go through
the learning curve but I can do that later.  I also looked a Lycois but
couldn't really see why I would want it.  It appears to basically be Linux
with a fancy desktop on added in for those who want (windows refugees, etc.
<G>) a full blown desktop.  Since I'm dumping KDE and going to xfce I
couldn't see getting a distro who's claim to fame is basically a desktop.
Don't get me wrong - Lycos may be great for many but not for my needs.

I also needed a distro for which RPMs are available for apps - and there
are plenty for RH <G>.!

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]