After checking the UnitedLinux web site, I have to say, this is the smartest
thing anybody's done for Linux in quite some time.  All the different
distros, package managers etc only serve to confuse matters from the
end-users' point of view.

Even if it lacks a few features or isn't exactly what everybody wants, at
least it's a step toward some sort of standard so everybodys speaking the
same language.  What would really help it along would be if Red Hat would
get involved.  Right or wrong, many seem to think that Red Hat is the
standard.  Imagine how much easier it would be if we all had the same basic
file structure (with regard to config files), same config files, same
package manager etc.

Should be interesting.

Brian