I have a Gateway P5 166 Mh processor, two 8 gig hard drives, a US
Robotics 33.6 K modem.  I am trying to get any of COL 3.1.1, Cheapbytes
Bow Tie 7.3, or Mandrake 8.2 installed on 3 gigs of one of the drives.
I have 517 meg swap partition (Lonnie recomends).  Everything seems to
work well except I can't get any of them to find my modem??  I just
installed eD2.4 without a hitch.  Found the modem during the install and
worked right off the bat. Won't the 2.4.?? kernel recognize my old
modem?  With the Mandrake I get this message when I try to configure the
modem "Modeprobe can't find module isa-pnp".

Thanks for your help.
Bob