"Net Llama!" wrote:

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Lonnie,
> > All this for naught.  It's an IDE modem.  It's on ttyS1.
> Perhaps you mean ISA modem?  There's no such thing as an IDE modem.
Have you looked at the modem? are there jumpers? if so, are they set
correctly?
you don't need a driver. for a demo with our user group I will power
down and swap a USR56k for a bocca 33.6 and fire back up. not a hiccup.
i've found that a jumperable modem set to com2 irq3 should not give any
problems.
Ronnie & Lonnie,
OK, my computer guru is a windoze guy.  It isn't a windows modem, I
don't think.  I'm using it now to reply using eD2.4. I've been using it
with COL for about 4 years, from 1.3 through 2.4, no problems. If this
is the case, does this mean the jumpers are set to com2 irq3, or do I
have to open the box and look?
Should I spring for a PCI modem?
Thanks for your time, guys.
Bob