is it an internal modem? isa-pnp is for cards on the ISA bus.

I have a Gateway P5 166 Mh processor, two 8 gig hard drives, a US
Robotics 33.6 K modem. I am trying to get any of COL 3.1.1, Cheapbytes
Bow Tie 7.3, or Mandrake 8.2 installed on 3 gigs of one of the drives. worked right off the bat. Won't the 2.4.?? kernel recognize my old
modem? With the Mandrake I get this message when I try to configure the
modem "Modeprobe can't find module isa-pnp".
--
 Swiftly. Silently. Invisibly.  .~.   In Linux we trust.
                               / v \