Okay.  I guess I didn't understand what's going on.  I assumed that they
could find enough info and build a kernel.

They provide a i686 which will work with AMD so it uses that (and not the
SMP one!) - correct?

Right now I want XFS as first priority.  Once I get that I do whatever else
I want later.

I did run /sbin/sndconfig and it doesn't find my sound card.  It lists
Turtle Beach but older models.   I'll worry about that later - probably
when I build the new kernel.

I'll work with this and see what I can do from here.  Maybe one day RH will
add XFS.

Thanks.

--
Brett I. Holcomb