I wish I could use Star or OpenOffice, or even Koffice.  But I found
that they don't import very well.  Most documentation on my team is in
html, but the presentations - power point is used all over the place as
is Excel...

So really, for communication at work at least, I have to use windoze or
an emulation capability.  While vmware works great, I'd like to use it
to test out other linux versions instead of wasting it on windoze ;)

Which is why I am looking at alternatives...

Thanks for all your input, much appeciated.

----Net Llama wrote:

I haven't used it for Office, however i'm wondering whether you could
go with OpenOffice instead?

=====