On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:04:59 -0800 (PST)
Susan Macchia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wish I could use Star or OpenOffice, or even Koffice.  But I found
> that they don't import very well.  Most documentation on my team is in
> html, but the presentations - power point is used all over the place as
> is Excel...

Both are available from StarOffice. I regularly export presentations done in
SO to PP. I have even used SO to import a PP presentation and conver it to
a HTML presentation.

I can agree that it is not seamless. In OpenOffice 1.0.1, for example, if
you set the header row of a table to some color, it does not make it
into the MS export.

I have a similiar problem with FrameMaker, in which we have all our highly
formatted docs. I have installed win4lin primarily for this app. It works
great. No font problems, like we experienced when trying to fun FrameMaker
in wine.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |