Keith Antoine wrote:

I am using an Olympus but I use a cardreader to download the images as I alo have a pentax. I am using Suse 8.1 which sees the reader automatically but does not mount it, had to do that myself; Mandrake 9.0 is proving far more difficult.

See last entry:

/dev/sda1            /carddisk            msdos      ro,noauto,user,exec   0 0

What type of reader is it? My camera uses xD media, which is only supported by Olympus and Fuji on their xD/SmartMedia reader/writer. The universal readers support everything but xD cards. They're cool, but too new, I guess.

--
Ken Moffat